This article answers questions about RxInform.
RxInform allows the e-prescribing system to automatically trigger text a message to the patient’s mobile number when new prescriptions are signed and sent to the pharmacy. The text message contains a link to a HIPAA-compliant website that allows patients to view information related to their new prescriptions.
Over 25% of prescriptions never get picked up by patients. Thus, this feature in RxInform was designed to improve prescription fill rates and boost overall medication adherence
The platform directs patients to a secure site designed to address the causes of prescription abandonment:
- Affordability. Make prescriptions more affordable by providing co-pay assistance and savings.
- Education. Improve understanding of the drug therapy by displaying educational content.
- Action. Encourage immediate action by encouraging patients to pick-up the prescription.
Given the wide array of state regulations concerning minors, this feature is not offered for patients under the age of 18.
This service has been available since 2016 across thousands of medical practices serving more than 70 million patients, achieving 98% satisfaction. Several analyses have consistently shown this solution increases new Rx fill rates from 75% to 85%.
The website provides information related to the pharmacy (name, address, phone number) and the
prescriptions (drug name, strength, and quantity).
The following standard features are also available:
- Education. Drug-specific educational videos to address clinical concerns
- Savings. Discounts for branded or generic drugs to address financial barriers
- Action. Option to set a pickup reminder to reduce non-compliance
Yes. The website provides access to multiple co-pay assistance programs for branded drugs.
The goal is to inform patients about available options that can lower their out-of-pocket cost.
Yes. The system offers a digital savings card that can help reduce the out-of-pocket cost for
many generic medications. Patients can show the savings card displayed on the website to their
pharmacy or request a text message with a copy of the savings card.
The goal of this feature is to increase the commitment from patients to pick up the prescription.
Patients can choose this option to trigger a reminder (on their phone) at the selected time. The
system also allows patients to add an entry to their calendar, helping to reduce forgetfulness.