This article clarifies the difference between a Login Password, a Signature Password, and an Electronic Prescriptions for Controlled Substances (EPCS) Passphrase/Signing Password.
- The Login Password is used to log into iPrescribe.
- The Signature Password is used to send prescriptions for non-controlled substances.
- The Passphrase/Signing Password is used to send prescriptions with controlled substances.
Note: Rcopia and traditional iPrescribe use the same username and passwords when accessing both platforms for the same practice unless otherwise noted.
The Login Password is used to log in.
- You can reset your password by clicking the Forgot Password link.
(click to enlarge)
If you are unable to reset your login password using Forgot Password, please reach out to the Admin at your practice or see How Do I Reset My Login Password (All Products)?
The Signature Password is used to send prescriptions.
The Signature Password is used to send ALL prescriptions (if sending a controlled substance you will also be asked to provide your controlled substance password and token pin).
- There is a setting where an Rcopia Admin may turn off the Signature Password so that there is no need for providers to enter the signature password.
If you would like to reset your signature password please do the following: 1) Within iPrescribe app, go to menu --> settings --> signature password. 2) Enter your current login password and you can create a new signature password.
Note: If you have any issues, please open a help desk ticket within https://help.drfirst.com/hc/en-us.
The Passphrase/Signing Password is used to transmit controlled substances.
The Passphrase, or controlled substance password, is required for a provider to send a controlled substance prescription, and is always followed by the One Time Pin (OTP) from a registered token.
Passphrase/Signing Password - Experian
- If you registered through Experian, view Reset my Passphrase if you need assistance in resetting your Passphrase.
Note: Providers who are unable to reset their passphrase will have to complete EPCS identity proofing again.
Login Password/Signing Password - ID.me
- For ID.me registered users, the login password and the signature password is the same.