Steps to Identity Proof for Non-Controlled Substances
Step 1: Access the email inviting to complete identity proofing and click the link to begin the identity proofing (IDP) process.
Step 2: The InfinID application will open to show a notification that the organization has requested you to complete identity proofing. Click Next to proceed.
Step 3: The next screen will list prerequisites for the IDP process. Click Continue at the bottom of your screen to move forward with the process. Having a personal credit card during this process is optional but can help pass identity proofing as Experian uses financial history to verify provider identity.
Please Note: This is not a hard credit check, and there is no charge. If entering this information, you will only need the first eight (8) digits of the card number.
Step 5: On the next screen, enter the fields that are marked with a red asterisk. The fields that are not marked are not required to pass. Click the I Agree button at the bottom of the page once you are done.
- In addition to completing the fields marked with a red asterisk, please provide your Mobile Phone Number.
- Note: If Experian can verify that it is a mobile phone number and that you are the primary account holder, they will send a text message with the IDP transaction number. If you do not enter your mobile number or it cannot be verified, Experian will mail you a letter through USPS with your IDP transaction number which takes 5 - 7 business days to arrive.
Step 6: You will be redirected to a page where you will answer 3-4 financial questions based on your Experian credit report. You will have 5 minutes to answer the questions before your session times out. Answer the questions, then click the Continue button at the bottom of your screen.
- If you do not pass, visit the following articles to see why you may fail: Why Am I Failing Identity Proofing?
- If you successfully pass, continue to next step.
Step 7: If you pass IDP, you will be notified that your identity is successfully verified
7a) if you received a text with an Experian Transaction Number you may enter the number on this page.
7b) if you did not receive a text message, Experian will mail a letter with the Experian Transaction number, which takes 5 - 7 business days to arrive.
Step 8: Upon completing identity proofing, a confirmation email was sent advising that Experian verified your identity. This email contains a link allowing you to enter your transaction number when you receive it by letter or text.
Step 9: Click the link to access the site where you will enter the Experian Transaction Number.
Step 10: Once LOA2 IDP is completed and the Experian Transaction ID is entered, a new email is generated that contains a Confirmation Code.
- Provide the Confirmation to your Admin, who will activate your account.
- Alternately, the Confirmation Code in the IDP Confirmation email may be submitted to a DrFirst Support Representative, who will enter the code to activate the account.
You may now log into your account and begin e-prescribing.