Last Updated: May 3, 2021
Note: Click the link at the bottom of this article to download a PDF copy of this article.
Please adhere to the technical requirements listed below to ensure Backline functions properly and performs optimally when implementing Backline.
Table Of Contents
- Supported Versions
The hyperlinks above will point to the specified element within this document. Hyperlinks are references to data that readers can follow by directly clicking.
Our policy is to support device and operating system (OS) versions supported by Google, Apple, Microsoft, and Mozilla. However, we always recommend that your users upgrade to the newest OS and Backline versions available.
The latest versions of Chrome (recommended), Firefox, Safari, Edge 15 and above
Note: if you choose to use IE11:
- Telehealth is not supported.
- Microsoft restricts push notifications on any version of IE.
- Backline will not launch if compatibility mode is turned on.
The latest versions of Android Chrome or iOS Safari.
- Mobile browsers are for recipients of Chat With Patient and External Invites.
- iOS 13 or higher on the following devices:
- iPhone SE and above.
- iPod Touch 7th Generation.
- iPad Air 2 & iPad Mini 4 and above (includes all iPad Pros).
- Android OS 6.0 or higher.
- Whitelist domains: *.akariobl.com, *.backline-health.com, *.cloudamqp.com
- Note - the public IPs for these domains are not static, so whitelisting IPs is not recommended
- Add @akariobl.com, @akar.io, @drfirst.com to the email whitelist
- Open TCP ports 61500-62000 (RMQ) – used for Backline Web Only
- Open TCP ports 443, 2197, 5223
- Device access to these ports on the entire 184.108.40.206/8 address block, which is assigned to Apple
- Open TCP ports 5228, 5229, 5230 and allow the firewall to accept outgoing connections as follows:
- port: 5228, host: fcm.googleapis.com (indispensable)
- port: 5229, host: fcm.googleapis.com
- port: 5230, host: fcm.googleapis.com
- port: 5228, host: gcm.googleapis.com (indispensable)
- port: 5229, host: gcm.googleapis.com
- port: 5230, host: gcm.googleapis.com
- port: 5228, host: mtalk.google.com (optional)
- port: 5229, host: mtalk.google.com (optional)
- port: 5230, host: mtalk.google.com (optional)
- port: 443, host: android.googleapis.com (optional)
- Access to Apple Store (iOS) and Google Play Store (Android)
Please reference this source for additional information: https://firebase.google.com/docs/cloud-messaging/concept-options#ports_and_your_firewall
Whitelist URLs (No Static IPs):
Ports and Protocol:
- 443 WSS
Whitelist IP Ranges:
- 203.254.0 - 220.127.116.11
- 172.60.0 - 18.104.22.168
- 203.250.0 - 22.214.171.124
- 235.111.128 - 126.96.36.199
Ports and Protocol:
- 443 TCP, UDP
- 3478 TCP, UDP
- 5349 TCP
- *10,000-60,000 UDP, SRTP, SRTCP
Allow TURN, STUN, ICE traffic on all ports
The Networktest tool is a public troubleshooting tool provided and hosted by Twilio to allow customers to test and troubleshoot network connectivity issues in relation to Twilio NTS, Voice, and Video products.
- Desktop devices using telehealth must allow the desktop browser access to the camera and microphone.
- Mobile devices using telehealth must allow the mobile browser and the Backline mobile app access to the camera and microphone.
- Link to training video – Backline Telehealth Mobile Browser Permissions: https://youtu.be/Ybw6keLdfI8
- Telehealth functionality for all mobile users may not work on older devices with low memory.
Click the link below to download a PDF copy of this article: