This article provides a list of helpful tips to complete your EPCS Identity Proofing (IDP)
You must have a hard or soft token available when going through this enrollment, as at least one token must be attached to the account to complete the EPCS registration.
- You can download VIP access (soft token) free on a computer, tablet, or phone through Symantec.
- If you want a key fob (hard token), perform one of the following:
- Contact DrFirst sales.
- Navigate to Symantec.com, and click Buy Hardware Token → Buy Security Token.
- If a token is not attached to your account during EPCS registration, your information and EPCS status will not save, and you will have to restart the registration process.
Security Freeze must be removed or temporarily lifted from your account before going through IDP.
- To remove a credit freeze, click here.
Fraud Alert does not need to be removed from your account before going through IDP. To complete identity proofing with a fraud alert in place, complete optional fields as well as required fields.
If you would like to request a free credit report, click here.
If you believe there is an inaccuracy with your credit report, click here.
You can attempt to pass IDP 3 times in a 24 hour period.
- After 3 attempts, your account will be locked for the full 24 hour period.
- This is an Experian security measure and cannot be unlocked.
The information being asked during EPCS registration is pulled directly from your Experian credit report.
- You will need to input an exact match in each field when going through IDP.
- DrFirst cannot alter any information that is reported on your credit report. However, if you feel that there is a discrepancy being reported by Experian, please see the helpful links above.
When going through the Identity Proofing portion of the EPCS enrollment, we recommend that you only enter the required information and your mobile number on your first try:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- DEA Number
- Date of Birth
- Home Street Address
- Home City
- Home State
- Home Zip
- Social Security Number
- Mobile Phone Number (not required by highly recommended)
Once you enter the above fields, click I Agree, and the process will take you to 3 or 4 financial-based questions pulled from your Experian credit report. You will have 5 minutes to answer; otherwise, your session will time out and fail the process.
Experian is unable to validate non-US addresses (Canada, outside of the US), so currently, we do not have a solution unless you have a US address tied to your financials
- The only workaround is to have you go through infinID if you are associated with a hospital).
If you do not pass after entering the fields above (number 8), then try again and fill in these additional fields:
- Credit Card Number
- Visa or Mastercard – only the first 8 digits are required, and it can't be a business credit card or personal debit card.
- Driver's License State
- Driver's License Number
- Numbers first, class letter capitalized at the end.
If you still cannot pass and are not presented with IDP questions, it could mean a few things:
- You've moved within the last 6 years, and Experian’s Best on File address isn’t the current address you are living at. You will need to dispute with Experian to update their Best on File address.
- Your address is misspelled. Again, it would be best if you disputed with Experian to update the information. Ensure entering your address during IDP to leave out any special characters or periods (Ex. 1 E. Main St. Apt. # 204 - enter as 1 E Main St Apt 204).
- Your financials are tied to a PO box rather than your residential address. In this case, you will need to put your address as the PO Box address. PO Box is a valid address for EPCS registration.
- Your information in Experian is not fully listed (the issue may be that your DOB or Social Security Number is not present on your profile).