This article provides step-by-step instructions on how to complete Logical Access Control (LAC).
- An administrator should have been designated during implementation, but if you are unsure who the practice administrator is, add a new individual as an administrator. If the administrator needs their username/password reset, please open a support ticket via JSD Portal.
- Once you have reached the EPCS Enrolled status, you will appear in LAC. If you are missing from LAC, your EPCS account is either disabled or has yet to reach Enrolled status with the practice or organization.
- The Last Change field in the LAC column will update based on any activity on the EPCS account (ex. email change, grant change, DEA change, name change).
Completing Logical Access Control (LAC)
Step 1: The designated practice administrator must log in to their Rcopia account by navigating to Rcopia's Login Page.
Step 2: In the menu under Utilities, click Logical Access Control.
Logical Access Control (click to enlarge)
Step 3: Organizations may have an extensive list of providers who have been Enrolled with EPCS. Enter provider information in one or more of the appropriate fields, then click Search.
- First Name
- Last Name
Search Prescribers (click to enlarge)
Step 4: Click the Active radio button for the appropriate/desired prescriber.
- Admins will grant access by selecting Active.
- To disable EPCS prescription permissions, admins can click Inactive.
Step 5: Under Granting Administrator, enter the first and last name as it appears on the user account.
Granting Administrator (click to enlarge)
Step 6: Under Authorizing Prescriber, in the Enter NPI field, enter the NPI number, then click Validate. Fill out the remaining fields, then click Authorize.
- Choose your Device from list: This field should auto-populate by pulling from your registration.
- Please ensure the correct token being used is selected.
- Enter your signing passphrase: The provider should have already set the signing passphrase during EPCS enrollment.
- Enter the pin from your OTP token: Enter the One-Time-Pin (OTP) generated from your token device.
Authorizing Prescriber (click to enlarge)
Step 7: You will be redirected to a page that will prompt you to click Refresh. Doing so will reload the LAC page with the desired grant change(s) applied.
Refresh button (click to enlarge)
Congratulations, the EPCS grant has now been activated, and you can now start prescribing controlled substances electronically!